Terms and Conditions
Claremont Motor Engineers Limited (hereafter called Claremont Ltd), its products and personnel aim to meet the demands and requirements of Customers whose vehicle needs a car service, MOT or vehicle repair.
- The contract will be binding between "Claremont Ltd" and the "Customer" upon the booking of "car service/MOT/Vehicle repair" however it is made.
- Bookings placed via the phone/internet/verbally warrant that you are legally capable of entering into, a contract of sale, you are at least 18 years old and that you are a resident of the UK.
- Claremont Ltd will provide a cost and explanation of each car service/MOT/vehicle repair before any work is commenced. All work, costs and additional work must be approved by the Customer before any work is carried out.
- If the agreed work cannot be completed within an acceptable timescale due to circumstances beyond our control (1) our representative will contact the Customer and inform them accordingly.
- Claremont Ltd will provide a quotation inclusive of VAT at the current (%) rate where applicable.
- All work will be completed by either Claremont Ltd directly or by one of its approved service providers.
- All parts used will adhere to the manufacturer's service schedule and warranty and will be of original equipment (OE) standard. Thus ensuring all warranties are validated.
- A 12 month parts & labour guarantee will be provided on all completed work carried out by a Claremont Ltd garage or a Claremont Ltd approved service provider.
- Only once Claremont Ltd has received cleared funds for all work done will the vehicle be returned to the Customer.
- Claremont Ltd does not accept liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at our garages.
- The Customer has the right to cancel their car service/MOT/vehicle repair at any time. All agreed completed work to date must be paid for up to the point of cancellation.
- Claremont Ltd offers a free Collection & Delivery service. The insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by Claremont Ltd will normally be covered by the garage's insurance. In the event of a claim, the Customer will be liable to pay the excess amount stipulated by the insurance policy. The Customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the garage. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car, the Customer will be required to provide their own insurance.
- Claremont Ltd will not be either liable for or responsible for, any unforeseeable losses, losses that were not caused by Claremont Ltd, its employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the Customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in these conditions will affect the customer's statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill, care and attention and that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
- Claremont Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of items left by the customer within the vehicle including those that are not connected to the vehicle.
- Claremont Ltd will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to "an act of God", "industrial action", "government disputes" or factors deemed out of the control of Claremont Ltd.
- All work carried out by Claremont Ltd will be completed within Health & Safety laws and guidelines.
- Claremont Ltd adheres to a strict code of conduct that requires them to resolve all disputes within 28 days. If, for any reason, the dispute should take longer to resolve, Claremont Ltd will notify the customer accordingly.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED WITHIN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY CLAREMONT MOTOR ENGINEERS LTD IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CONTACTING THE CITIZENS' ADVICE BUREAU. THEY ARE ALSO ABLE TO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1987.
(1) Beyond our control may be due to the non availability of parts, parts not being delivered or the scheduled work may take longer to complete.